Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I agree with the racists who don't want immigrants living on their street.



I have decided that I agree with the racists who do not want immigrants to live on their street. I want those racists to have their all white Christian areas. Because I want the immigrants, from all over the world, to move into mine.

Eastern European, south Asian, African, Indian, Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox, Hindu, Buddhist... I don't care what your native tongue is. I don't care how well you speak English. Please move into my area. Move across the street from me. Move into the buildings next to mine. Move next door to me. Say hello to me when I walk past you, I'll say it back. Just please please please promise to open up shops that sell your food. Please play the music you grew up with. And please remember to invite me over for lunch every once in a while. For those who do you will be gladly welcomed into my Hallway Pub for a pint. Or if you don't drink alcohol, I'll try to figure out some tasty booze free drinks for you.

Damn I feel so sorry for people who are so closed minded that they can't enjoy the different tastes that the world offers. People whose life is so closed off that they can't enjoy the melody of a song that is being sung in a language that they do not speak.

You can have children of any colour you want. You can eat any food you want, watch any shows you like, and listen to any style of music you enjoy. But I've got to tell you, I love having the freedom to decide for myself what I like and what I don't. If I find something I don't like, I won't eat/listen to/ watch/ it again.

The best part of life is actually living it to its fullest. I have no idea what I'm about to eat. I have no idea what the woman who sold it to me called it. She either was speaking in a heavy accent or in her native tongue. All I know is she liked that I was willing to try it, and she gave me what can only be described as a large looking muffin thing with spices in it to dip it in. God bless her, I'll be back again next week to see what else I can find to try!

No comments: